Thursday, June 2, 2011

Top 5 Symptoms Of A Lice Infestation

Hi all! For this article, I decided to share my list of my top 5 symptoms of a lice infestation. Although this isn't something people like to share, I am going to be honest and say that I have dealt with lice infestations multiple times in the last few years. It is something that I have grown very familiar with. Just a few weeks ago, I finally think I found the culprit that was causing this in our house! But anyway, I have had a lot of experience with this over the last few years. So here is my list of my top 5 symptoms of a lice infestation.

1. Itching

This is by far the most common symptom of a lice infestation. If you are noticing frequent itching on your scalp, then this could very well be a sign of lice. The itching occurs due to an allergic reaction to the lice. When the lice bites on the skin, it leads to this allergic reaction.

2. White Eggs

Another frequent symptom of lice is the eggs that can be seen on your hair. These are often white, and are round or oval shaped. They will usually be right near the scalp.

3. Sores On The Head

What about sores on your head? Do you notice any sores? This can be due to excessive scratching which of course is caused by the lice to begin with. Having sores on your head is a sure sign that you are scratching too much and that there may be lice.

4. Tickling Feeling

Another frequent symptom of a lice infestation is a tickling feeling on your head. It may feel like something is moving in your hair. As scary as this is to think about, it's because something IS moving in your head! If you are finding this to be a frequent feeling in your head, check your hair immediately!

5. Clear Fluid

Although this isn't as common, another possible symptom of a lice infestation is a clear fluid coming from your head. This is caused due to frequent scratching which causes the sores and broken skin on your head. This leads to the clear fluid.

I hope you have found this list of the top 5 symptoms of a lice infestation to be informative. Lice infestations are a lot more common than you might think. Once you know the symptoms of them, you will know when you may have one, and you can begin to seek treatment right away. Good luck!


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics