Friday, May 27, 2011

EFT For Rude Service In A Restaurant

I had an interesting breakfast experience one morning...

Me: What is the M&B bread here that is listed with the breakfast?

Waitress: It's just bread.

Me: But what makes it special? Does it have anything put on it, for example?

Waitress: No, it is only bread, toasted. There is nothing on it at all. The M&B is just a nice branding, which means Mugg & Bean. The bread is just ordinary toast.

Me: Is there butter or margarine or anything else on it?

Waitress: No, it's just toast.

Me: OK, I'll have one of those breakfasts then please.

The breakfast arrives, including a piece of toast with a fatty substance on it. I do not trust that it is butter rather than margarine, and I was looking forward to toast without butter anyway. So I asked the waitress what is on the toast. This is when the whole breakfast experience changed. She became visibly anxious and it was clear she had no idea whether the fat is butter or margarine. She also got very defensive about the fact that the bread she had told me was plain toast with nothing on it actually arrived with a suspect fatty substance smeared all over it. I explained that in the future, honesty would be more helpful, and I returned the bread. She suggested a plain toast replacement. I said no thank you, I will have my breakfast without bread.

I was really not that fussed about the toast, as there were potatoes, and that was more than plenty. And I fare better on less bread anyway. After finishing the aforementioned breakfast and feeling replete, there was a surprise for me. The waitress turned up with a plain piece of toast. She was so keen to allay whatever anxious thoughts she had that there was no consideration for either requests I had made:
The promised breakfast as initially described.When it turned out that this was not the case, my request for no bread.

Waitress: But I just want to please you.

Me: Please, do yourself a favour and don't try to ?please? the customer. This is what you want for yourself. Just serve the customer according to what they order.

Waitress: I can get you butter and jam with that, please let me.

Me: Please listen to what the customer says. I am not interested. I just want service.

The waitress now started shaking and crying, clearly distressed by having to do her job. It could have escalated from there. Only my companion, who had received equally unpleasant service, said "Tap, Suzanne, tap, let it go, tap". I tapped furiously, as I was telling the waitress she had just lost her tip, and then I totally went calm. We gave her a tip anyway and just knew not to visit that particular branch of Mugg & Bean again. Other branches seem just fine and provide a pleasant experience, especially for business meetings, my main use of this fine eaterie. Thanks to tapping, the waitress got a tip anyway (although not a generous one), I stopped trying to be heard (no point when others do not listen), and just let it go.

If you are an EFT tapper and want to know more, I was tapping on my collarbone and rubbed the Side of Eye, which I could get away with in a public place. If you are new to all this tapping stuff and are prone to flying off the handle in testing situations, you can download a free manual from many online resources and learn the basics for yourself.

? Suzanne Zacharia 2011. My name is Suzanne Zacharia and I am committed to spreading the word about health options. I believe that the more and better options one has, the more choice there is. And of course, you are advised to consult with your medical practitioner before embarking on any course of alternative, complementary, or beauty therapy. Want to use this article? You can, as long as you credit me with it and invite your readers to get my FREE "EFT How-to for You" and regular free EFT Tapping script samples in my newsletter at http://www.eft-scripts.com/ - New to EFT? No worries, just get your own copy of "EFT How-to for You" and start EFTing with ease very soon!

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Suzanne_Zacharia

Suzanne Zacharia - EzineArticles Expert Author

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics