Friday, May 27, 2011

EFT Running Training - Be Your Own Cheerleader

Go to any football match, and you will see that great-sounding cheers from the crowd encourage the players. And if you go to an American football match, you will hear the most inspirational clever ditties from the cheerleaders. Good cheers work. They motivate where motivation is needed, console when consolation is needed, and inspire for excellence. Now imagine having a cheerleader encouraging you all the way when you go for a run. Isn't that just great?

"But I can't even afford a personal trainer" you may think, or maybe you have a personal trainer but you often train on your own. Well, that is no problem at all, because you can be your own cheerleader!

Let me illustrate from my own experience. I am a relatively new runner training for my first half-marathon. I use a combination of techniques to help me with my stamina and speed. One of these is Emotional Freedom Techniques, or EFT for short. It involves stimulating certain acupressure points whilst repeating a specific releasing phrase. There are two ways of doing EFT whilst running. One is by concentrating on releasing negatives, and the other is by releasing the negative combined with installing the positive. It is the latter that leds itself wonderfully to cheer-leading. The points that I stimulate whilst running are located on one side of the thumb, forefinger, middle finger, and baby finger. I usually rub or tap the thumb point with either the forefinger or middle finger points whilst saying my cheer. For the cheering statement itself, I use whatever comes to me and hone it down to a better form as I rub or tap the points. The rubbing or tapping itself helps to inspire me in forming perfect ditties.

Cheers that I have used include:
"Oh my God, this hill's so steep. But I will not, I will not, I will not break down and weep.""Oh my God, this road's so long, but this is my journey where I belong. And it will, it will, will make me strong.""I can do it, yes I can. I can, I can, I can, I can.""I can do it, like Superman. I'm the one, the one who can."

You can learn EFT from many online resources free of charge, or you can attend an instructional workshop or practitioner session to get you started. EFT is suitable for everyone, unless you have one of the more severe mental conditions such as schizophrenia or psychosis. And although you can tap before your run, I find it even more powerful to tap my cheers during my actual run. You can experiment with it and see how you feel. If EFT is not for you, then try saying positive affirmation cheers to yourself whilst you run. One more tip that I think is important - say the cheers in your head rather than out loud. This way, you can breathe better for your run, and it is more socially acceptable too.

I wish you great progress with your training.

? Suzanne Zacharia 2011. My name is Suzanne Zacharia and I am committed to spreading the word about health options. I believe that the more and better options one has, the more choice there is. And of course, you are advised to consult with your medical practitioner before embarking on any course of alternative, complementary, or beauty therapy. Want to use this article? You can, as long as you credit me with it and invite your readers to get my FREE "EFT How-to for You" and regular free EFT Tapping script samples in my newsletter at http://www.eft-scripts.com/ - New to EFT? No worries, just get your own copy of "EFT How-to for You" and start EFTing with ease very soon!

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Suzanne_Zacharia

Suzanne Zacharia - EzineArticles Expert Author This article has been viewed 8 time(s).
Article Submitted On: April 14, 2011


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics