Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Recovery From Traumatic Relationship and Drug Abuse - Melinda, Second Session

When Melinda arrived for her second session, she was clearly calmer and more confident than before. I asked her what she wanted to work on, and she said she wanted to go to the shop alone without fear that her abusive ex-boyfriend would be there.

We started with Emotional Freedom Techniques tapping in general about this fear. Then I asked her if this was a real fear. It transpired that it was, although her ex had not physically harmed her since she had left him. I asked her then about the worst time he had beaten her. She said it was the last time, when she had a swollen face for weeks, needed to go to hospital and managed to finally end the relationship. I asked to to imagine watching the event on TV, and to tell me what she was seeing on TV at that moment.

She replied "My face". The TV face brought an intensity of 9 out of 10. We tapped Setups like "Even though I have this feeling about my face, I deeply accept myself" and Reminders like "What he did to my face", "It was horrible to go through this", and "It was really scary." We finally brought the whole event to a zero, even when Melinda tried her best to vividly imagine it. We then worked on going to the shop, which we reduced from a then 3 to a 1. I did not think we could go down further, as this was partly a real fear, so I used her session time moving on to other challenges.

Next came fear of the dentist and needles. Melinda was due to go to the dentist. She had to get some dental work completed before she could start a job, because of what looks like drug-related damage to her teeth. The work was needed so that her speech would become clearer. We brought these fears down from a 10 all the way down to 0. Melinda and I were both smiling by then.

Next, I used kinesiology-based muscle-testing to investigate physical sources of the insomnia. Melinda has had insomnia since coming off drugs. She had been using buttons and dagga (Cape Town slang for mandrax and marijuana) till nearly 2 months before. The muscle-test showed a challenge with neurotransmitters (important brain chemicals) on the left and in the middle of her brain. We treated those with a 635 nm cold laser until they muscle-tested in the clear for now. Muscle-testing also revealed a Vitamin B challenge, so I suggested that Melinda ask about possible supplementation. Melinda reported feeling very calm after the laser neurotransmitter treatment and looked very relaxed. We also had fun. For example, we were giggling when the test showed that her name was not Mickey Mouse. After all, just because this is a serious treatment does not mean we cannot have fun!

We finished with EFT homework for neurotransmitter balance and for insomnia. I said that I was not sure if it would do the trick with insomnia, but if nothing else, it can bring calm and balance. We certainly have achieved a remarkable amount in this session, and I look forward to our next.

? Suzanne Zacharia 2011. My name is Suzanne Zacharia and I am committed to spreading the word about health options. I believe that the more and better options one has, the more choice there is. And of course, you are advised to consult with your medical practitioner before embarking on any course of alternative, complementary, or beauty therapy. Want to use this article? You can, as long as you credit me with it and invite your readers to get my FREE "EFT How-to for You" and regular free EFT Tapping script samples in my newsletter at http://www.eft-scripts.com/ - New to EFT? No worries, just get your own copy of "EFT How-to for You" and start EFTing with ease very soon!

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Suzanne_Zacharia

Suzanne Zacharia - EzineArticles Expert Author

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics