Monday, May 23, 2011

True Motivation

Do you want to know who your real friends are? Then complain to them and then ask them how they really feel about your complaining. A real true friend will tell you the truth, even if it hurts your feelings. Real friends don't beat around the bush and spare your feelings because they know the truth will make you a better person. So, if you're ready for the truth, then ask your friends how they really feel about your weight. Some will try to be nice and say that they are worried about your health. Others will say that they never liked you being over weight, but they just didn't want to tell you about it.

Then you have that one true friend that gives it to you straight in the gut. That friend will tell you that you need to stop complaining about your situation and change it. That friend will tell you that they don't have time to hear you complain about being over weight, and they're tired of hearing you talk about losing weight but you never do anything about it. Take these words and use them as your ultimate motivation to lose weight.

I had a friend tell me about myself recently and it has motivated me in ways I could never have imagined. I am ready to change my situation right now! I have a lot of dreams and I talk a good game, but I've always been slow to move on my dreams. I guess that's why it took me 12 years to lose 48 lbs. I had excuse after excuse about why I couldn't lose the weight. Here's a couple that might sound familiar to you:

1. Healthy food is just too expensive

2. I don't have time to go to the gym

3. I don't like to sweat

4. If I had a chef like Oprah I could lose weight (she gained it back though)

5. I'm happy with my weight

6. I just have to accept that I'm a big girl

7. I want to lose weight I just need someone to help me

8. I'm not that big if the stores still make clothes to fit me

9. I'm not that big if I can still get out of bed and walk

10. At least I'm not as big as that person

My list could go on and on. I had 12 years of excuses, but the fear of becoming a diabetic is what motivated me to get my weight under control. The only friend that snapped me into reality about my weight was God. He can help you achieve your weight loss goal and so much more.

So, stop beating yourself up, stop making excuses and stop complaining about big over weight. You got yourself in this situation and only you can get yourself out. The training wheels are off, it's time to ride that bike and stop playing with it. Get real with yourself and get motivated to take your life back. You have nothing to lose but weight.

Felicia B. White is a photographer, writer and poet. A graduate of he Art Institute of Ft. Lauderdale, Felicia moved to Georgia with hopes of becoming a product photographer when life took over and she became a hospitality project manager instead. After finding a good church home Felicia has started writing songs and poetry and dusting off her photography equipment and is back in the creative world again. She's currently writing for a few well know web sites and is using her photography skills to take pictures for her articles. Felicia is very passionate about helping others through her writing and is ready to embark on a new chapter in her life. Check out some of the helpful free weight loss tips that she has written about at http://healthylivingdietplans.com/

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Felicia_B_White

Felicia B White - EzineArticles Expert Author

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics