Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Making The Best Of Each Day in Living Healthier and Happier

When I wake up each day, it's challenging at times to get in the shower, get dressed and walk to and from the gym. Those are feelings people sometimes feel, when they know they have to do something to make progress. Investing time every morning into exercise and cardio can work wonders for your mind. Feeling happier, lighter, and more positive are just some of many benefits felt when you exercise daily.

Never in so many years have I felt this great by just doing a few minutes of jogging, or exercising at the local gym. I didn't progress by myself. It took being apart of a wonderful and positively uplifting community of like-minded individuals, in order to propel my mind into transforming my lifestyle. If you think you can, you're right. If you think you can't, you're right. The power to change is in our minds, and our beliefs is what drives us to do certain things.

Upon starting a change of lifestyle, I envisioned myself where I wanted to be. Not just with working out, losing 72 pounds in my 1st transformation, but where I desired to be, all around. In spirituality, business, life, relationships with others, and so forth. As I adopted a healthy habit of starting to exercise and get more into cardiovascular activity on a regular basis, I noticed a lot of things started happening inside of me.

First, there was the renewed feeling of hope. Then, there are times when my feelings of hope are seriously challenged. But, I just kept going, no matter what, and kept on exercising, because I was feeling some kind of way inside, and had an increased feeling that I could succeed in all I try to do. So, what I did was feel the feelings, swallowed it, and pressed on, because I try to hold out hopefully that not only will I build a better body, but everything else will faithfully fall into place.

So, by exercising and doing cardio each day, not only am I feeling better about myself nowadays, but, I'm able to run marathons; something I've never done in my youth. Back in Brooklyn days, I've walked from Flatbush Avenue and Nostrand by Brooklyn College to Gracie Mansion in Manhattan, and back to Brooklyn, but never jogged or did any kind of marathon. Today, as I have "gracefully seasoned", I'm feeling the youthful energy come back, by staying focused on bettering myself with a good daily diet, exercise, and engaging in cardiovascular activity, whether it be the treadmill at the gym, jogging outside at the local park, or jogging a marathon, if it's a full marathon, or half. And this year, I hope to run a half marathon in Philadelphia this summer.

This article has been viewed 15 time(s).
Article Submitted On: March 28, 2011


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics