Wednesday, May 25, 2011

How to Use Tapping Techniques to Overcome Procrastination

Did you, know when you procrastinate it is costing you financially, mentally, physically and emotionally?

Also depending on what you are procrastinating on, whom or about. It can also have devastating consequences for your friends and family too. Think about it for a moment, what happens if you 'forget' to pay your taxes or mortgage payments? Your procrastination starts to affect more that you.

Procrastination in its simplest form is your own perceived fears and worries about future events. These future memories you build up and play over and over in your mind and body. It is the future pain which you think you'll experience that you are trying to avoid by not doing anything.

So how can tapping help you?

Firstly, most people are afraid of something or someone specific. It's too easy to say I'm afraid of success or I'm afraid of failing. That may be true, but it's is too easy, it's too global a statement.

It's better to answer the following: If I succeed what will happen to me then? Or, what pain am I avoiding by not finishing what I want doing?

You see procrastination is just you putting of a perceived future pain. Nothing more.

You can easily start tapping:

Even though I don't know what pain I'm avoiding I deeply and completely love forgive and accept myself anyway.

Even though I'm afraid of a future event that hasn't even happened yet, I accept all of me just the way I am.

Even I'm worried what will happen when I leave my own comfort zone. I accept all these conflicts within me.

What about your family and friends? If you succeed how will they react? This is a huge area that will on some level be holding you back.

How can tapping help you here?

Even though I'm afraid to earn more than my parents. I choose to let go of this belief as it no longer serves me.

Even though I'm afraid I'll be shouted at like was when I was a child because I was successful then and my father didn't like it.

Even though I'm afraid how my parents will react when I'm successful. After all they struggled all their lives and told me everything had to be difficult. I chose to let this belief to as it no longer supports me.

Even though my friends don't like rich and successfully people and I really want them to like me. I deeply and completely accept all of me.

Try these EFT tapping rounds for starters. You'll be amazed at what can happen if you tap on these several times.

The sense of calm, maybe a few aha moments, projects that don't seem so big and are much easier to start.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics