Thursday, May 26, 2011

Getting Started With EFT

What has only 2 fingers, 9 spots, and can change your life forever? EFT!

Most people are very nervous to actually get started. Fortunately, we can even use EFT to address that nervousness. Say this statement aloud. "I am afraid to even get started." Rate the intensity or truth of this statement on a 0-10 scale with a 0 meaning that it is absolutely not true for you and 10 being very true for you. Give your first impression. I recommend that you actually write that number down.

Tap continuously on your karate chop point and repeat this statement aloud three times. "Even though I am afraid to even get started, I deeply and completely accept my feelings and myself." After you have done that, tap at each of the eight tapping points while repeating the statement "I am afraid to even get started."

Eyebrow - "I am afraid to even get started."

Side of Eye - "I am afraid to even get started."

Under the Eye - "I am afraid to even get started."

Nose - "I am afraid to even get started."

Chin - "I am afraid to even get started."

Collarbone - "I am afraid to even get started."

Under the Arm - "I am afraid to even get started."

Top of Head - "I am afraid to even get started."

Say the original statement aloud again, "I am afraid to even get started." Rate the intensity on your 0-10 scale and write down your response. Compare the results. Did the number go up? If so, continue tapping on the original statement. Did the number go down? If it only went down a little bit, feel free to repeat the process several times until your rating is below a 2 or 3.

As you tap, different questions or issues will come up in your mind. Write them down. It is generally useful to stick with your original statement until the intensity is very low before switching gears to another topic. Once the intensity feels lower, you are ready to move to the next tapping sequence.

Dr. Leanna Manuel is the director and supervising psychologist for CCA Companies, LLC. Dr. Manuel is a graduate of Wright State University School of Professional Psychology and has experience in medical and mental health care settings. She was a featured psychologist on MTV: True Life. To learn more about EFT go to http://www.drleannamanuel.com/

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Leanna_Manuel

Leanna Manuel - EzineArticles Expert Author

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics